Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My Americana Mini Quilt Revisited


Remember this little mini quilt I worked on last winter? I had spoke about making it reversible, but never got back to it until now. I went on line and found a couple of patterns for appliqued leaves. Then I rummaged through my fabric stash and found a couple of pieces of fall colored fabric.I don't mess with this sort of thing that much, but thought I would give it a try. Not sure if I'll be able to pull it off, but this will be my project over the next few weeks. I'm sure it won't be my only project going, since I get bored with trying to do something that does not come easy for me, and this definitely,falls under that category

.
The blue back ground is not  the best choice for a Fall mini quilt, so I may play with that a bit,too. It was handy at the time, and matched the color in the place mat which I was using for the center piece,so I used it. Now that it's time to hang it up, I am not happy with it. Hopefully, I will find something a little more Fallish to put in it's place.

I'll make a few tabs along the top of my mini quilt, to hang it from my recycled curtain rod,which I posted on my other blog just this week, but I may paint the rod a different color for the Fall season.If all goes well, I'll get this project finished and post it before Fall ends.

2 comments:

  1. I don'f know Sue, the blue is very pretty, like the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you have chosen fabric for both quilts. Very pretty! blessings,Kathleen

    ReplyDelete